The first thing you need to send an email marketing campaign are audiences that will become subscribers.
What are the audiences?
It is a group of users who share interests or intentions and want to receive information about your company. You can create several group of audiences but it is not recommended, unless you have very differentiated lines of business.
You can have repeated subscribers in different audiences, and if they unsubscribe from one they will remain active in another.
When should more than one audience be used?
A subscriber is interested in receiving newsletters about cooking recipes (audience A) and also about movies (audience B).
The subscriber decides to unsubscribe from audience A, because he no longer wants to receive emails about cooking recipes, but he is still interested in emails about movies, so he will remain active in audience B.
If subscribers are repeated in different audiences, Easymailing considers them as different subscribers and this increases the amount generated in the monthly plans (monthly fee per number of subscribers).
The audiences can also be used for the following cases:
- Groups of companies using a fully differentiated audiences for each of their companies.
- Marketing or advertising agencies using audiences for each of their clients.
- A company can use several audiences for each of its business lines.
If you want to send to different lists of subscribers but from the same company, it is better to use a single audience and sort your subscribers into groups. We explain it in this article: How to create a group
Within an audience you can:
- Manage contacts:manage subscribers, create groups, segments, and cancel subscriptions.
- Add contacts:import and add contacts manually
- Forms:create embedded forms or popup forms
- Settings:create custom fields, personalise pages and emails, modify audience preferences, adapt to GDPR and manage notifications and subscriptions.
How to create your audience step by step
1 New audience
Select the "audience" option in the left bar of the control panel and press the "New audience" button in the upper right corner of the screen
2 Fill in the details
- Title: this title is public and will serve to identify the list to your subscribers (e.g. "My company weekly newsletter").
- List description: this description is public and serves to remind the user where they subscribed and what kind of emails they will receive (for example: "Offers and news").
Sender data will be used for transactional emails sent to your contacts. For example when users need to confirm their subscription or to welcome them.
- Name of sender: who sends the email?
- Sender's email
- Email reply to: who will the user reply to?
Your company details
Required data to associate your audience with your company. Users will be able to consult them when sending your campaign. It is important to convey confidence and thus not improve your delivery rate.
- Company name
- Postal code
- Phone number
General Data Protection Regulation
- You will need to select a data controller or create a new one if you have not yet created one.
- Add the purposes of data processing. You can add more treatments if the predefined ones do not suit your needs.
Once you have completed the data, click on "Save" and you will be directed to the audience overview.