To create your first form from Easymailing, go to the desired audience and click on "Forms".
Table of contents
1 Add a new form
You must then click on the "New Form" button and fill in the available options.
- Title: The name you want to put on your form to differentiate it from the rest
- Double opt-in:Enable this option if you want your subscribers to validate their email.We recommend activating it as it will improve your delivery rate.
- Form type:Here you can choose between Popup or Embedded type.
- Groups: You can link contacts who subscribe through your form to one or more groups if you wish. To create a group, click Manage Contacts > Groups.
Want to know how to create your first group?
2 Select a form layout
Depending on the type of form (Popup or Embedded) you have selected in the previous step and whether you have GDPR enabled (Settings > GDPR), the designs adapted to your selection will be displayed.
The difference in the case of having the GDPR option activated is that it shows the purposes of data processing and a small summary explaining the processing of the data provided by the user.
3 Edit your form
In this step you need to edit the content of the form template just like you do with email templates. You should adapt the design and change the styles to those of your corporate image. We explain how to do it in the article "How to edit forms".
When you have the subscription form ready, you must also edit the pages and emails associated with the form.
4 Make the latest adjustments
Once you have saved the design of your form with the associated pages and emails, you will then access the overview. It is divided into two clearly differentiated blocks:
- Subscription settings: In this section you can edit the "Double opt-in" and the group or groups to which you want to link subscribers who subscribe through the form.
- Layout:You can edit the form layout and its associated pages and emails again.
- Behaviour (popups only):You can edit several popup behaviour options:
- Calendar:Set up when you want your form to be published.
- Frequency:Indicates the period during which you want to show the form to the same user again if not subscribed.
- Mode:Choose how you want to display the popup.
- Show it after a given time.
- Show when user scrolls.
- Show before user leaves the page.
- Visibility:Choose the pages on which you want to display the form.
You can use "wildcards" to hide or show forms on multiple pages, for example if you want to add all your blog posts you could add /blog/*. In this case the asterisk means that all the addresses of the pages starting with/blog/will be displayed on the form
- Hide on devices:Indicates if you want it not to be seen on any device.
Pages and emails
In this block you will see all the pages and emails that you have seen previously. From here you will be able to edit them again as well as configure some options:
Subject: for configuring the subject of the emails to be sent.
Redirect Url: You can fill in this optional field if you prefer to be redirected to a page on your website instead of displaying the template.
The welcome email block is the message that is sent to the users when they have successfully subscribed to the audience. In case you include a lead magnet in your strategy to increase your conversion, this would be the place to include it.
Finally, you have to click on the publish button and the next thing you will see is a window with the code that you must include on your website. Don't forget to click on the publish button in the window once you have installed the code on your website.
At Easymailing, we offer you the possibility to display your form on a test page. Just click on the "Preview" button.
You can also pause the form whenever you want so that it doesn't appear on your website.