Whitelisting is tremendously important for your email campaigns, as whitelisting your recipients ensures the deliverability of your messages.
A whitelist is a list of email addresses that have been approved as safe. If you want to make sure you receive messages from a certain person or company, you must manually add them to your whitelist. Thus, email addresses, domain names and IP addresses that are on the whitelist will bypass the spam filters and go directly to the inbox.
Although the process is quite similar across the different email providers, here is a detailed list of each of them:
Apple Mail (desktop and mobile)
- From the top menu of Mac OS X email, click email> Preferences.
- Select Rules and click Add Rule.
- Type the name you want to use for the list in the Description field.
- Set the conditions in the two drop-down menus, selecting "from" and "equals".
- Enter the name of the domain you want to whitelist.
- From the Apple iOS mobile app, access your spam or junk email folder.
- Select the message and click on the Folders icon in the bottom menu.
- Moves the message to the inbox.
- Add the sender to your contact list.
Visit the Apple email Support page if you need more information on either of these two processes.
- Open the spam folder in the left sidebar area.
- Select the message you want to add to your whitelist and click "Not Spam" to send it back to your inbox.
- Add the sender's address to the address book from Contacts/New Contact.
Visit the AOL Support page if you need further assistance.
Gmail (desktop and mobile)
- Open the spam folder.
- Click the “Not Spam” option in the message.
- Open the contact list, select New Contact, and enter the address you want to add to your whitelist.
Visit the Gmail Support page if you have any other questions.
- Tap Start> Spam> Never block the sender or Never block the sender's domain
- Open the message, right-click the sender's name, and choose the “Add to Contacts” option.
Visit the Microsoft Support page for any other queries.
- Click on Options > Filters
- Select the Add Filter option
- Fill in the conditions: "from:" and "contains", where you will have to add the email address.
- Select the “Move to Folder: Inbox” option and click “Save”
- Adds the sender's address to the address book.
Visit Yahoo!'s support pagefor more information.